Dec 17, 2017

The Graces - Laure Eve


PLOT
                                                   Everyone said the Graces were witches.

They moved through the corridors like sleek fish, ripples in their wake. Stares followed their backs and their hair. They had friends, but they were just distractions. They were waiting for someone different. All I had to do was show them that person was me.


Like everyone else in her town, River is obsessed with the Graces, attracted by their glamour and apparent ability to weave magic. But are they really what they seem? And are they more dangerous than they let on?


THOUGHTS
Everyone knows I love anything Witches or better yet Magical Realism. So it wasn't surprising that the cover instantly caught my attention. The enchanting cover and title were tall tell signs what the plot would be leaning towards. Not to mention the authors name Laure Eve. It's so pretty and witchy. Her name sounds more like a character in a book then most book characters. (which is a compliment)
I'll admit I was apprehensive once I read the ages of the characters. Usually with teenage characters (in my experience) the story can turn cliche, which at times is okay, but I wanted something different for now. Ignoring my initial apprehension I decided to give it a try anyway. I learned long ago that books can surprise you. 
I was NOT disappointed. It started of as usual with the beautiful family and the odd power they held over others. It was obvious River would be like her peers and would vie for the Graces attention. It was almost pathetic and very much to be expected.
And yet like I had learned with other books the plot began to change. It became darker and less obvious. The only way I can explain it is the vibe of the book was very much like The 1996 Movie The Craft. (Which is an awesome movie by the way) With twists and turns and an unhealthy obsession the plot and characters were far from the cliches I assumed they would be.  
If you love magic, mystery, and dark forces then pick up The Graces and maybe afterwards watch The Craft. Most preferably during October. 



FOLLOW THE AUTHOR LAURE EVE










No comments:

Post a Comment