Apr 4, 2016

Me Before You - Jojo Moyes

 Plot
Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.
Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.
What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Thoughts
Do you understand the hell I went through looking for this book!? The days searching every Target and Barnes and Noble near my house was like torture. I wanted this book badly. I saw it everywhere. On my Twitter and Instagram feed, even Goodreads was torturing me by letting me know that my friends had already bought a copy and rated it. I felt alone in the world (pity me). 
You're probably thinking "well why didn't you just order it like a sane person would have?" 

It wasn't like the idea didn't come to mind I just get frustrated with ordering books online. Don't get me wrong it's great and all I just hate sitting and waiting 5-10 business days for my books to finally arrive. 

That's another form of torture for me. It's like counting down the days of your due date so that you can finally hold your baby only to find out your baby won't come till seven days past it's due date. 
(my youngest did that to me, it was awful)

Well anyways a quick run for diapers I finally found a freshly shelved copy at Target.

I must say it was definitely worth the wait and torture. Lou was adorable, the plot meaningful, and the lesson important. I related to Lou so much. While she was quirky, sweet, and clumsy she was also comfortable, cautious, and a bit naive. I had issues with the rich paraplegic wanting to end his life when he had more resources than most in his situation. But I had to remember that I couldn't begin to understand his situation. How could I judge someone so harshly without knowing their mind? We all deserve to make our own choices and to be heard. 

Me Before You is exactly the type of book every twenty-something needs. It's not about finding love or a coming of age story. It's a book with a lesson not to underestimate yourself. To live the life you want, to better yourself, to make choices for you. It's lovely, and definitely something we need to be reminded of sometimes.



FOLLOW THE AUTHOR JOJO MOYES
BUY THE BOOK AMAZON / BARNES & NOBLE / BOOK DEPOSITORY


No comments:

Post a Comment